- (1) Eggplant, peeled and diced
- 10 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 small onion, divided
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- (1) tsp dried parsley
- (1) Garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup part skim mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Peel and chop the eggplant. Sauté in a pan with approximately 1 tbsp of EVOO and half of the chopped onions until mushy and grey.
- Place cooked eggplant and onions into a large mixing bowl with cheese, bread crumb, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir until thoroughly combined. Cheese should melt into the mixture.
- Sauté the chopped mushrooms with EVOO and the remaining onions until tender, (about 10 minutes). Add cooked mushrooms to the eggplant mix and stir to combine.
- Place entire mixture into the fridge to cool for at least 1/2 hour. When ready to make, coat a pan with olive oil and scoop 1/3 cup of the mixture into your hands. Form into a patty then place on the hot pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes and then flip cooking for an additional 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and serve!
[Recipe shared by Kristin Horstman via]