- 1 package of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bit-size pieces
- 1-2 cups frozen, mixed vegetables
- 2 cups brown rice, prepared in rice cooker
(for Coconut Curry Sauce)
- 1 small, yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp soy sauce **I used Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp chinese five spice powder
- 1 Clove fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp flour (or cornstarch, to thicken sauce)
- sweetened coconut flakes for garnish, optional
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add frozen veggies, a little water and microwave for approximately 1 minute. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, pour enough EVOO to cover the base, and put over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and allow to simmer until cooked through (onion should be transparent).
- In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut milk, soy sauce, curry powder, crushed red pepper and chinese five spice. Add mixture to saucepan.
- Slowly add flour until you reach the desired thickness for the sauce.
- Remove the saucepan and pour the curry sauce into a separate bowl. Set aside.
- In the same saucepan, add additional EVOO, and stir in chicken.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, add vegetables and stir until thoroughly mixed together.
- Serve rice and top with chicken, veggies and sauce. Sprinkle on coconut flakes for garnish!