With Easter right around the corner, this Easter-inspired protein-packed egg salad is just what your body needs! Best of all, all of the ingredients are great for you, so there’s no guilt involved!
- 3 whole, hard boiled eggs (discard the yolk of 2)*
- 2 tbsp plain, fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp mashed avocado**
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 2 slices turkey bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 small celery stalk, chopped
- 2 tbsp green onions, finely chopped
- 2 pinches of paprika
- 3-4 grape tomatoes (optional)
*I purchased pre-made hard boiled eggs to make it easier and cut down on time.
**Wholly Guacamole makes great, pre-mashed guacamole that comes in neat little packets- perfect for dishes like this!
- In a medium size bowl, chop the eggs coarsely.
- Add in the dry seasonings, turkey bacon, most of the celery and half of the green onions. Stir until mixed.
- Add yogurt and mix until blended.
- Top mixture with leftover green onions, celery and a pinch of crushed red pepper.
- Serve with bread, or enjoy alone!