- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 3/4 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground oregano
- 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1/3 cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp dill weed
- 2 gyro bread
- 1/2 small, red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
To make the marinade, combine the following-
- lemon juice
- 1/2 of the garlic
To make the cucumber sauce, combine the following-
- rest of garlic
To complete the rest of the recipe-
- Add raw chicken to a Ziploc bag with above marinade, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator, drain and discard the marinade.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, saute the chicken for 7-8 minutes or until the juice runs clear
- Spoon half chicken on each gyro bread, and top with cucumber mixture. Garnish with onion, lettuce and tomato.
[Recipe inspiration via]