I decided to go out on a limb and try a recipe that required a bit of work. This banana bread did not disappoint. Not only is it DELICIOUS; it contains all-natural ingredients and is actually good for you. If you’re looking for a healthy + delicious alternative to satisfy your sweet tooth, look no further!
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup honey
- 6 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups smashed brown bananas
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats, pulsed to make oat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
**The original recipe called for protein powder; however, I chose to leave this out :)
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the coconut oil and honey.
- Add the egg whites, vanilla, and banana and mix again.
- Sift together the flour, pulsed oats, cinnamon, and baking soda. Slowly add the flour mixture alternately with the coconut milk to the banana mixture. Do not over mix.
- Stir in the shredded coconut and 1/2 cup chocolate chips by hand.
- Divide the batter into 4 small loaf pans that have been sprayed with non stick spray. (I used pans that are 3 1/2 inches by 7 inches)
- Bake at 350* for 35 minutes.
- Let cool in the pans for 10 minutes before flipping out onto cooling racks.
- Keep bread in a sealed container for 5-7 days, or freeze the extra loaves to have on hand for later.
*Makes 4 mini loaves.
[Original recipe via]