Spaghetti with Kale & Poached Egg
This is a relatively easy, healthy meal that works great for lunch or dinner. It was also my first time EVER poaching an egg. The results were delicious and filling. The original recipe called for mushrooms and feta cheese, but I didn’t have mushrooms, and I’m not a huge fan of feta.
Try out the recipe below, and find a creative way to make it your own!
[Recipe via Clean Eating Magazine]
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add kale leaves and cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer kale to a colander, and reduce heat to a low simmer.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium/high. Add onion, pepper flakes and salt. Sauté, stirring frequently, until onion is golden (appx. 8 minutes).
- Add kale and broth; stir to combine (appx. 5 minutes).
- Add garlic, and reduce heat to low.
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 inches of water to a boil.
- Crack each egg separately into a small bowl or cup and then slowly add each egg to water. Reduce heat to low, and poach for 4 minutes.
- In a separate pot, cook spaghetti al dente, according to the package directions.
- Drain spaghetti and toss kale mixture to combine.
- Divide mixture among serving bowls.
- Carefully remove eggs from water and arrange over top of spaghetti mixture. Top with feta and season with additional salt and pepper.